path: root/
diff options
authorÆvar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <>2011-05-14 13:47:42 (GMT)
committerJunio C Hamano <>2011-05-15 03:29:05 (GMT)
commitba67aaf2d05d1aa3def2b6eb1dc1d39bdf25bb41 (patch)
tree15f27ac94caeb38f927abe430a7026f9c223bdbb /
parent4e3aa87d13b339fa678cd3cb7f23664d3a48fb21 (diff)
git-sh-i18n--envsubst: our own envsubst(1) for eval_gettext()
Add a git-sh-i18n--envsubst program which is a stripped-down version of the GNU envsubst(1) program that comes with GNU gettext for use in the eval_gettext() fallback. We need a C helper program because implementing eval_gettext() purely in shell turned out to be unworkable. Digging through the Git mailing list archives will reveal two shell implementations of eval_gettext that are almost good enough, but fail on an edge case which is tested for in the tests which are part of this patch. These are the modifications I made to envsubst.c as I turned it into sh-i18n--envsubst.c: * Added our git-compat-util.h header for xrealloc() and friends. * Removed inclusion of gettext-specific headers. * Removed most of main() and replaced it with my own. The modified version only does option parsing for --variables. That's all it needs. * Modified error() invocations to use our error() instead of error(3). * Replaced the gettext XNMALLOC(n, size) macro with just xmalloc(n). Since XNMALLOC() only allocated char's. * Removed the string_list_destroy function. It's redundant (also in the upstream code). * Replaced the use of stdbool.h (a C99 header) by doing the following replacements on the code: * s/bool/unsigned short int/g * s/true/1/g * s/false/0/g Reported-by: Johannes Sixt <> Signed-off-by: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <> Signed-off-by: Junio C Hamano <>
Diffstat (limited to '')
0 files changed, 0 insertions, 0 deletions